Monday, August 26, 2013

Night Photography at 30th Street Station

This was a very good weekend for night photography. For those who do not know, it is always a good choice to bring a tripod.Especially if you are partial to slow shutter and/or HDR photography.  When shooting at night I prefer to shoot at 100 ISO (or ASA) at around f11. This way I can limit the noise that creeps in and get a nice sharp image. Of course, this results in nice long shutter (usually 35 seconds to 1 minute and 10 seconds). However, it is definitely worth it. A nice clean image always trumps a grainy one.On this occasion, I was able to photography around the 30th street station. I was tempted to shoot indoor. But the opportunity to shoot in that area with a somewhat sturdy tripod was to good to pass up. I shot with the 8 millimeter Rokinon  and the 24 to 105 millimeter Canon. I am happy with the results. I did get enough lens flair to make Michael Bay do a dance, but it couldn't be helped.

Any way, here are a few of the pictures that I took. Hope you enjoy. If you like them, you can purchase any of the three at:  http://paul-watkins.artistwebsites.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment