Tuesday, February 14, 2012



I almost never take candid shots of people. So I still have a lot to learn. However, I decided to go to the Philadelphia Tattoo Convention and see if I could catch a couple shots of people in their element doing what they love. Although I don't have any tattoos, I find them fascinating and I am curious as to what motivates some of us to wear our expression. Here are a couple candid shots. I used the Canon T2i with a 70-200 mm f4 lens wide open. I had to kick the ISO (aka digital film speed) up to 800, then 1600 to get the shots. I touched up the shots in Photoshop to bring out the grittiness of the mood. 




1 comment:

  1. Nice, I wanted to go there myself. Was thinking about a new one. Glad one of us is still taking pics. I love the second one. Looks like so much is going on in that scene.

    ReplyDelete