Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Short Tamron 90mm SP Di Maco lens review

I recently purchased a Tamron 90mm SP Di Maco lens. I have to say that this purchase was well worth it. This lens produces sharp detailed images. I was initially concerned that the hype about this lens was not warranted. Mainly because, third party lenses have been a mixed bag for me. Some perform great, while others produce images that have so much color fringing that it looks like the world is coated in rainbows. Fortunately,  Tamron put their best foot forward with this lens. The color is good, I really haven't experienced much chromatic aberration and focusing the lens isn't that bad. As a macro this lens is excellent. I can focus with the lens six inches from the subject!

On the negative side. This is the noisiest lens I have ever owned. I'm not talking about image quality. That is excellent. I'm taking about the barrel noise. This thing is loud. I'm not sneaking up on any insects with this lens. Also, the body feels cheap, like most entry level kit lenses. I recommend that you keep this lens secure at all times. If you drop it, you may soon regret it.

With that being said, this lens is worth the noise and the extra caution. The lens does what it is suppose to do. Which is to deliver clean, sharp images. I highly recommend it!

Here are a few pictures I took with this lens. If you like them you can purchase them on my Fine Art America store. Here is the link  http://paul-watkins.artistwebsites.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment